fix it friday 5-15
This image was just too beautiful for me to not take a stab at processing it! I love it and I wish I had taken it.
original:
my edit:
I use CS3. I started by opening the image in camera raw and doing a lot of edits there. I brought the exposure up a lot, used fill light, some recovery and added a lot of black. I also added a little vibrance and saturation. After that I took it into CS3 and dodged and burned a bit. Mostly I was worried about lightening up her face. I used PW's boost action at around 50% to give it a little pop, as well as PW's sunshine action at probably 10 or 15% to add a little sunny warmth. Then I rotated and cropped and sharpened! I like how it turned out, what do you think?

5 comments:
great job lightening and bringing the color!
Love the work you did on her eyes. Great job!
Hi Ginna! This is such a cool blog!!! I had to laugh when I read your comment because I'm SURE I was hoping for a garage by this point too. And a real house with a yard which I'd live in forever and never leave.
My husband has only been out of "school" for 10 months as opposed to some friends who have been finished with school for 10 years!! (So this is the first time in our marriage we're not taking out any more LOANS!!!)
But still, life is good. And at least I have a small front lawn, right?!!! :)
The angle of your crop is so creative. How fun!
~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces
Very neat angle!
Post a Comment