3.22.2009

i heart faces kids: natural light



This week's theme for the i heart faces photo contest is natural light. I try to only ever shoot with natural light. Sometimes it's a big struggle and things don't turn out like I want them to, but most of the time it really pays off.
I think this photo is a bit of a different take on natural light--candle light! This is my little guy at his fifth birthday party in Feb. He was thrilled to get to blow the candles out, and I thought this photo captured a lot of action as well as the happy look on his face as he's blowing.

Go check out the other awesome entries at the i heart faces blog.


14 comments:

Julie Rivera 3/23/09, 10:37 AM  

What a great picture! Those candles only pictures can be extremely difficult to capture in focus, but you did it!

Unknown 3/23/09, 10:42 AM  

What a great shot! I love how your picture is creative and different :-) plus, i'm just so impressed by how crisp your candles-only picture is!

Katheryn 3/23/09, 10:51 AM  

What an amazing photo! It really captured the moment. The angle really sets it off as well.

Rebecca 3/23/09, 12:04 PM  

Wonderful shot! This picture would have been ruined by a flash! Great job!
~Becca

{krista} 3/23/09, 1:06 PM  

Oh, this is awesome!

Through My Own Lens 3/23/09, 1:22 PM  

What a nice "action" shot! This is one of my favs!!! Great capture!!!

Melissa 3/23/09, 3:37 PM  

This is such a creative shot! Love how his face is lit only by the candles.

Shae 3/23/09, 3:53 PM  

oh very nice. i love the way the smoke looks

Annette 3/23/09, 8:07 PM  

This picture is terrific. Great exposure. I would love to know what camera settings you were using. You must have known exactly what to set your camera on, because a picture of blowing out the candles is not one to "take two" on. Very impressed! A winner.

Anonymous 3/23/09, 9:10 PM  

LOVE this one! Great job!

Brooke 3/23/09, 11:51 PM  

Wonderful job with this picture!!! I would have no clue how to take something like this with so little natural light.

Carebear 3/24/09, 1:03 AM  

Wow - Great entry for No Flash week! I love how the candles light just his face so perfectly. And you managed to capture such clarity - mine would've been blurry! Nicely done girl!

Keri 3/25/09, 1:00 AM  

Oh man, these are super fabulous! The lighting in both are perfect. I'm especially loving the birthday candles. What a great capture.

Amanda D 3/25/09, 11:51 AM  

Awesome picture, Gin. Good luck this week!

About This Blog

I'm an amateur photographer living in the northeast.  The more photos I take the more I learn.  Thanks for visiting!
Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP